To become a Registered Counsellor (RC), only Clinical Member can submit application via online portal:-
- A one-time admin fee of $50 is applicable for the application of Clinical Membership (Registered Counsellor).
- Upload PDF copies of your counselling log sheet (600 face-to-face counselling hours – broken down into individual sessions) endorsed by your supervisor(s) or Director
- Upload PDF copies of your clinical supervision log sheet (60 hours of Clinical Supervision must be broken down into individual sessions according to each supervisor).
- Log sheets must be individually endorsed by a SAC Registered Counsellor or SAC Registered Clinical Supervisor (preferred).
- If you have multiple supervisors, please note that log sheets must be signed individually by each supervisor i.e. supervisors are not allowed to sign off on behalf of other supervisors.
- Upload PDF copies of your academic transcripts from universities
- Current letter of employment on an official company letterhead
- Have a valid Professional Indemnity Insurance (“PI”) cover from your company or insured under SAC’s AIG Group Insurer (New Requirement w.e.f. March 2015 – Please see Article 5.5 of the SAC Constitution). You can also apply for exemption.
*2-Yearly Renewal of Registered Counsellor Status
According to Article 5.3 of the SAC Constitution, for each two-year period registered as a SAC Registered Counsellor, the registrant shall renew by fulfilling the following requirements via online:-
- Complete fifty (50) hours of Continuing Professional Education
- For each course/workshop/seminar, please upload a certificate OR letter of attendance (on official letterhead) in PDF format
- Complete 400 hours of face-to-face counselling (please ensure that your log sheets are properly kept and made available upon request for audit purposes).
- Have a valid Professional Indemnity Insurance